What to Consider
There are many factors to consider when choosing a location for your next home. Here are some things you might want to think about:
- Cost of living: Consider the cost of housing, taxes, and other expenses in different locations to find a place that fits your budget.
- Proximity to work and other amenities: Think about how far you are willing to commute to work and how close you want to be to schools, shopping, and other amenities.
- Safety: Research crime rates and natural disaster risks in different areas to find a safe place to live.
- Climate: Consider the climate of different locations and how it will impact your lifestyle. Do you prefer hot or cold weather? Do you want to be near the ocean or in the mountains?
- Cultural and recreational opportunities: Think about the types of cultural and recreational activities you enjoy, and choose a location that offers those opportunities.
- Future growth potential: Consider whether the location you are considering has potential for future growth. Consider the population, job opportunities, and real estate values.
It can be helpful to make a list of your priorities and weigh the pros and cons of different locations to help you make a decision.
Top NEIGHBOURHOODS in Calgary
There are many great neighborhoods in Calgary, each with its own unique character and amenities. Some highly regarded neighborhoods in Calgary include:
- Mount Royal: This upscale neighborhood is known for its large, luxurious homes and proximity to top-rated schools.
- Altadore: This trendy neighbourhood is popular with young professionals and families. It is known for its vibrant restaurant and shopping scene.
- Kensington: Located in northwest Calgary, this neighbourhood is known for its historic charm, trendy boutiques, and popular summer farmers’ market.
- Mission: This inner-city neighborhood is known for its diverse population, trendy restaurants, and convenient location.
- Lake Bonavista: This south Calgary neighborhood is known for its large, family-friendly homes. The community features access to a private lake and beach.
It is always a good idea to research a neighbourhood thoroughly before choosing a location. Some numbers to note include crime rates, home prices, and proximity to amenities